Final Project: Self-Designed App
||Thursday, May 10 at 7:40pm EST
- Develop a workflow for developing mobile apps.
- Design your own interfaces.
If you need help while working on the project, feel free to take advantage of
any or all of the following resources:
- Attend one or more of the course’s sections
- Ask questions on Slack.
Before starting the project, you must first submit a proposal by filling out
this form. We will
follow up by email after you submit the form.
In this course, we’ll use GitHub Classroom to distribute projects and collect
submissions. To begin the Final Project:
- Click here to go to the GitHub
Classroom page for starting the assignment.
- Click the green “Accept this assignment” button. This will create a GitHub
repository for your project. Recall that a git repository is just a location
where your code will be stored and which can be used to keep track of changes
you make to your code over time.
- Click on the link that follows “Your assignment has been created here”,
which will direct you to the GitHub repository page for your project. It may
take a few seconds for GitHub to finish creating your repository.
- In the upper-right corner of the repository page, click the “Fork” button,
and then (if prompted) click on your username. This will create a fork of your project
repository, a version of the repository that belongs to your GitHub account.
- Now, you should be looking at a GitHub repository titled
username/final-project-username, where username is your GitHub username.
This will be the repository to which you will push all of your code while
working on your project. When working on the project, do not directly push to
the mobile50/final-project-username repository: always push your code to your
- Must use
- Must make at least one network call
- Must have at least one stack navigator
- Must have at least one tab navigator
- Must be at least as large in scope as the previous projects
How to Submit
- Go to the GitHub page for your username/final-project-username repository
(note: this is different from the mobile50/final-project-username repository).
- On the right side of the screen, click the Pull request button.
- Make sure that the “base fork” is
mobile50/final-project-username, and the “head
- Click “Create pull request”.
- On the next page, click the “Create pull request” button again.
There can be no extensions on this project, since the due date is determined by the date by which we must submit grades